“It really is a terrible tragedy,” Eubanks said. “The general consensus among the agencies involved with the case is that it was tragic accident.”
Lucas Dover drowned in a bathtub on July 27 at Battlewood Apartments. The victim’s mother told police she was giving him a bath and left him unattended for about 10 minutes while she checked on her infant child in another room.
“The child died as a result of drowning and there were no other injuries,” Eubanks said.
Eubanks said no charges will be brought in the case.
“It’s one of those instances where a bad thing happens to good people,” Eubanks said. “We feel terrible for the family of the boy and it’s the kind of thing that you pray never happens.”