Coosa Valley Fair, the big event of arts and craft event at Ridge Ferry Park, Southern Living Cooking School, the Chili Cook-off, and many other events are on tap for our entertainment pleasure.
Just think of the reasons that you need to stay healthy for this busy time in your life.
Here are a few ways that will help you eat and feel better:
- Try to eat raw vegetables instead of tortilla chips with salsa;
- Enjoy canned fruit packed in water or its natural juice instead of heavy syrup;
- Replace cookies with cubed and whole fresh fruit kabobs;
- Satisfy your chocolate craving by opting for 1 small “fun size” candy bar;
- Ask for a cup of soup rather than a bowl of soup;
- Order a vinaigrette dressing rather than a mayonnaise based dressing;
- Ask for croutons to be removed from your salad (they are usually soaked in butter);
- Substitute steamed vegetables for the potato, rice, or pasta side dish;
- Skip eating the “free” chips with your sandwich or sub;